Love is a beautiful feeling, and it is one of the most powerful emotions. When a person is in love, the world around looks beautiful. Love has many forms, and the popular form of love is romantic love. So many songs, stories, and movies are themed around this form of love. When we hear the word love, many of us think of romantic love. But this is not the only form of love. There are other forms of love too, like love between family members, love between friends, self-love, unconditional love for the entire world, or love for God.
Whatever form it takes, it enriches the life of the giver and receiver. Loving and being loved add meaning to life.
Below are some beautiful quotes on love that help us understand the depth of love.
10 quotes on the depth of love:
1. Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. – Khalil Gibran
2. Let all that you do be done in love. – Jesus Christ
3. You can search throughout the entire Universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire Universe, deserve your love and affection. – Buddha
4. Anyone who does not love does not know God because God is love. – Jesus Christ
5. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us – Helen Keller
6. Where there is love, there is life – Mahatma Gandhi
7. Love is the joy of the good, the wonder of the wise, the amazement of the Gods. – Plato
8. We are born of love. Love is our mother – Rumi
9. Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. – Dalai Lama
10. Love is the only reality, and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation. – Rabindranath Tagore
These quotes convey the essence of love. Love is not only a happy emotion, but it is also a powerful force that can positively impact our lives. We don’t love others for any benefits. We love others because we feel happy, loving them. Be it love for a child or spouse or God or the world, love is fulfilling and rewarding on its own. A bonus is there are also some benefits of loving relationships. Below are the benefits of loving relationships.
10 benefits of loving relationships:
1. It improves the health of the heart.
2. It lowers stress and improves the ability to handle stress levels.
3. It improves the rate of healing
4. It boosts the immune system.
5. It reduces anxiety and worry.
6. It improves the quality of sleep.
7. It helps in lowering depression.
8. It enhances relationships.
9. It brings joy.
10. It improves the quality of life.
These are some benefits of loving relationships. Love can be broadly classified into two kinds of love.
1. Personal love like the love for our parents, siblings, spouse, children, in-laws, friends.
2. Impersonal love like the love for community, nature, animals, birds, world, divine.
Let us see how to develop each of these kinds of love in our life. The first kind of love is personal love. This is the area that brings us great joy and challenges as well. Our patience is sometimes tested in these intimate relationships. For our relationships to blossom with our family members and friends, below are some pointers.
10 tips to improve relationships:
1. Mistakes happen in relationships. Forgive and ask for forgiveness.
2. Expectations lead to friction, and the other person starts feeling restricted in a relationship with too many expectations. Minimize the expectations from others.
3. Accept others as they are. Like us, they will have some shortcomings, they will be imperfect, and that is ok. Remember, no one is perfect in this world. Others can only be inspired but cannot be forced to change. So, don’t try changing people. Accept them as they are and inspire them through your behavior.
4. Send positive, kind, encouraging thoughts every day. These thoughts influence others positively.
5. Pray for the well-being of your family and friends.
6. Nurture people around you with loving and kind words.
7. Be quick to appreciate when you see others doing something right.
8. We are quick to criticize our family members when they do something wrong. Take some time before you criticize and learn to give this criticism with love and politeness.
9. Spend quality time with your family, where you nurture each other.
10. Many times, we take our loved ones for granted. Don’t take your loved ones for granted. Thank them regularly and treat them with respect, love, gratitude for what they do for you every day.
These are some pointers which can enhance our relationships with our family members and friends. For many of us, our whole life goes predominantly goes into these relationships, which are centered around personal love. We love our close people, go the extra mile for them, and do many things for their happiness. Personal love is beautiful, but it is only one aspect of love, and it is limited.
There is more to love, and this is experienced when we start loving the community around us, the entire world, and the divine. We understand the essence of life only when we start loving beyond personal relationships. This is the purpose of our life – to love the entire Universe, to love every animal, every bird, every tree, and every human being. How to practice this form of love? Below are some pointers.
8 TIPS TO DEEPEN LOVE:
1. Pray for the welfare of the entire world.
2. Visualize Earth as a small ball in front of you. Raise your hands and send love and peace to the entire planet, every animal, bird, human being, and country.
3. Say words of love to plants and animals around you.
4. Send loving, kind, encouraging thoughts to strangers going through difficult situations.
5. Donate money to strangers going through tough situations in life.
6. Help others as much as you can in whatever way you can.
7. Connect with the divine and pray.
8. Meditate on the divine.
These are some pointers in expanding your impersonal love.
When personal love and impersonal love are well balanced, it leads to a fulfilling and enriched life. Both forms of love are important, and when they are practiced, everyday life becomes a celebration and worthwhile. To love and be loved is the purpose of human life. When every one of us tries to live this purpose each day, Earth becomes a heaven. When you live your life with love as a guiding force, you see new dimensions of life, and every day becomes a miracle. Your life becomes magica